Our leadership studies help students to learn how their brain works, teaches them some learning tricks and even helps students train the brain to work more effectively. At the beginning of each Epic Days, our Distance Education students will delve into the 8 Keys of Excellence together based upon the following 8 Key Statements:
- This is It! I Make the Most of Every Moment
- I Take Ownership. I am Responsible for My Choices
- I Speak with Good Purpose- I am Honest, Kind, and Sincere
- I Honor Commitment to Achieve and Grow in the Direction of My Goals and Dreams
- Failure Leads to Success. I Learn from My Mistakes.
- I Have Integrity. I Show My Positive Values and Standards in All I Do and Say.
- I have Flexibility. I Am Willing to Learn, Change, and Do Things Differently
- Balance in Caring for Others and Myself is Important. I Live My Best Life.
Based upon a foundation of literature and using several other tools of learning including biographies, quotations & discussions, mindfulness exercises, Growth Mindset principles, movement, music, and learning games, our students explore each of these statements and look at how they apply them in their lives. We end the year with the final concept: Anything is Possible. I Will Discover & Create My Best Self to launch them into a summer of discovery and fun.